Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not Sure Why...

Something that I do that is kind of weird and I'm not sure why I do it would be when I take notes, if I'm writing in pen and I mess up even just a letter I stop and start over on a new piece of paper. It drives me crazy to have to start completely over, especially if I've been taking notes during the whole class period. But I've been like this for as long as I can remember. Call it being a perfectionist but I'm not convinced that's what it is. I think I acquired this habit from my mom. She has always taken a lot of notes when she's on the phone or in the office and she does the same thing. I think her modeling has taught me that that is what I should do if I make a mistake taking notes. Another thing it could be is that my schema of taking "perfect" notes has been built from my mom/previous experiences and that results in my behavior today. A lot of my note taking/organization skills have come from me observing my mom at home and while she is at work so it wouldn't surprise me if this was a result of watching her too.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I would just like to say that I totally do this too! It doesn't bother me so much as it bothers my family. My sister and mother especially think that I am a total spaz. They are always joking about how I have issues and need to be put on medication due to this little "problem". lol :( I do not usually stop and start fresh if I am past the halfway mark on my paper unless I make around three mistakes, then it becomes overwhelming and I feel the need to start over. I do not fee tha twe have a problem for doing such things, we just need things to be perfect to be able to move on to the next! :)

    ReplyDelete